Thursday, May 16, 2013

Working Digitally

I've been curious about working all-digitally, so I started messing around with Manga Studio 5 last week. Apparently it's what everyone is using to ink stuff digitally now. Right off the bat it feels so much better than Photoshop, while still having a very similar UI. The default brushes you get aren't bad, but there are a ton of options for tweaking. I called out on Twitter @MangaStudio to see if anyone had suggestions for brushes. I got a ton of responses saying that @Frenden's are the best. I grabbed Ray Frenden's "Manga Studio 5 Pencilling, Inking, & Painting Brushes" and they are fantastic! I used them to do this week's Solo Acoustic. Frenden has a free brush available called "Lando Calbrusshian" that I definitely recommend if you want to see how much better his are than the defaults.


 

P.S. If you are considering purchasing Manga Studio 5, if you use my link I'll get a little kickback.


No comments:

Post a Comment